Austin Real Estate: Texas Fun Facts, Part 130 Sep Johnny Devora
Welcome to Austin Realty 101! Every week we look at topics that involve Austin home buying and leasing, Austin commercial real estate, multi-family properties, sights and sounds of the city, and much more!
Let’s face it – Austin is an amazing city to live in. We’re regularly featured in various top ten lists for employment, growth, desirability and so much more. But it’s not just Austin – the state of Texas is pretty amazing in its own right. Check out some of the stats and fun facts that make Texas so appealing:
• Texas is the fastest growing U.S. state, adding more than half a million residents every year.
• Texas produces more wool than another other U.S. state.
• The oldest tree in Texas is located near Fulton. The coastal live oak is more than 1,500 years old.
• From 1836 to 1845, Texas was an independent nation.
• Central Texas has been nicknamed the Silicon Valley of the south.
• Texas comes from the Hasinai Indian word tejas, which means friends or allies.
• The official state mammal is the armadillo.
• Texas is 267,339 square miles of land.
• Texas represents 7.4% of the United States’ total area.
• More of Texas’ land is farmed than in any other U.S. state.
• Texas has had flags of six different countries fly over it: Spain, France, Mexico, Republic of Texas, Confederate States, and the United States of America.
•It’s actually illegal in Texas to take more than three sips of beer at one time while standing.
If you’re looking for an Austin commercial realtor or if you need help with residential real estate in Austin, please visit our website at http://DevoraRealty.com or email us today!